Tuesday, November 7, 2006

This Week in Iran

I know that I upset the apple cart a bit last month by discussing something mind-shatteringly positive (but as it turned out, reassuringly ephermeral) about the Islamic Republic of Iran so I hope to rectify this error by bringing you:

This Week In Iran.
  • Mohammad Askani, a political prisoner, was publicly hanged in Iran-Shahr;
  • Amir E. and Ali H., 2 Iranian men, were hanged in a prison in Ahwaz for theft & murder;
  • Mohebali Gholamian Moqaddam & A. N. (alias Amir) were hanged in public in northern and south-eastern Iran;
  • More than half a dozen people ("trouble-makers") were hanged in the province of Sistan-va-Baluchestan;
  • Parviz Minaki was hanged in the southern province of Hormozgan.

And there we have it. Forgive my indelicacy, but the number of Iranians executed last week exceeded my bowel movements.

Now, in today's news it was revealed that a convicted sex offender from the States has been ordered to wear a t-shirt that reads, "I am a registered sex offender". The individual will have to wear his scarlet letter(s) for 22 months after he is released from prison. I think that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran's Oppressor President, should be forced to wear a similar t-shirt whenever he addresses the UN, or travels to enlightened pockets of civilization abroad. Perhaps one that reads, "I kill my own citizens" or, "I have effectively returned my country to the Dark Ages" or "I hate women (although their reproductive organs are nice)". You choose.

No comments: