Friday, April 17, 2009

Kahve, Cole & Karma

It's not that I don't like Nat King Cole - because I do. I really do. It's just that it's April 17th and it's sunny outside and it's 20° C and it's Turkey ... and well, listening to Caroling and Caroling, which Starbucks is currently regaling us with, is a tad disconcerting.

I can only imagine that this is some sort of penance - karma maybe - I have to pay for drinking a filter coffee in Starbucks, whereas I could - or rather, should - be sipping a kahve, an authentic Turkish coffee in an authentic Turkish café in Turkey.

Oh goodie: now it's Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

But the free-wifi-seeking whore that I am, I come regularly to Starbucks to plug in my computer and download. And, of course, blog.

And now it's Do You Hear What I Hear?

And besides, the last time I did have a kahve, an authentic Turkish coffee in an authentic Turkish café in Turkey, I was bright-eyed and bushy tailed until 4 in the morning.

Ahhhhh ... Bing Crosby.

Shoot me now.

3 comments:

Frisco said...

No one but no one can belt out a Christmas song like the King,,,Traditional Christmas songs in April,,,,you should be counting your blessing

Anonymous said...

Who knows, maybe they will be singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" at Christmas time.
Don't they have decaf coffee?

This Cat's Abroad said...

If it's Turkish, it ain't decaf.