Monday, February 20, 2006

Make the Cheque Payable To ...

Mohammed Yousaf Qureshi
Peshawar, Pakistan

Dear Mr. Cleric,

I understand that you have offered a bounty of $1 Million US, an additional $25,000 US and a new car, for the death of the infidel Danish cartoonist. Although I am unable to serve you his head on a platter (I'm really busy just now & don't have the time), the picture (below) should serve to bring about his speedy death. I understand that many of your followers have expressed a willingness to do so. I wish them luck.
As you can see, I have caught this devil red-handed.
In return, I ask for 50% of the cash value of your bounty, preferably in US dollars or, if not convenient, I will accept 9,148,943.09 Moroccan dirhams (based on today's exchange rate). You may keep the car.
Please make the cheque payable to Cat in Rabat. I would appreciate it if you would keep me in mind for any future fatwas you may wish to declare.

Until then, I remain
Your faithful servant,

C in R

No comments: